Friday, October 10, 2008

Colds

I hate it when my kids are sick. Yesterday morning I knew that Micah was coming down with a cold and by the end of the day Becca was coughing and had a yucky nose as well. We gave them both a dose of cold medicine (actually it has been recommend cold medicine not be given to children age 4 and under) started the vaporizer and put them to bed early. They both coughed off and on all night and when Becca got up this morning her nose was completely crusted over. Micah is actually still sleeping - I am thinking that is a good thing.

I always find it so hard to know what to do. Should we have slept with Becca in the chair last night so that she could have been a little bit more upright? Are they really sick and need to be taken to the doctor or it is just a little cold? At this point I am scared to call the doctor because I am afraid that he will tell me to not give them any cold medicine which is the only thing that provides some relief for them. Are they to sick to go any where or do they need to stay home?

While I don't wish for my children to grow up any faster than they are I am ready for the day that they can tell me what is wrong and how sick they really are. Any advise from you seasoned parents? At this point I am open to any suggestions - we have a busy weekend planned!

1 comment:

Carey said...

Ugh...I sersiously hate it when my kids are sick. As a mom, you have no control (uhmmm, a lesson in control possibly, Lord?) and it drives me nuts. Too many questions without answers. Do this...or that?! Doctor or no doctor? Antibiotic? But what if it's a virus?! Sorry to tell you, although it's nice when they can tell you what hurts, those questions don't go away when they get older. Hang in there!