Sunday, October 26, 2008

Busy Sunday

This was one of those Sunday mornings that you were thankful when you reached the end and everything went as planned. Nick and I were both involved in both of our morning worship services. Nick had to read Scripture and I was the worship leader. We were both okay with our assigned tasks, except for the fact that it was the first time that we done them at our church and we had to be at church at 7:45. On top of that we have decided that Becca needs to start learning to sit in church. She has been doing quite well, but always like to be by mommy - a little bit of a problem when mommy has to go on stage and sing. Things went really well in the first service. The kids were great and stayed in the pew even when no one was there with (it was just for a few seconds). The second service was a little different as Becca tried to come up with me when I went to sing the opening song and I kind of to push her back toward Nick - didn't go very well.... Nick almost started to read the scripture at the wrong time. Then been Becca decided that that was it and she was done with sitting in church. Good thing there was two of us and Nick could take her downstairs. We got through our parts of the second service and packed it in to go home. When we got home Micah wanted his pumpkin that he made in Sunday School. Well apparently the terrible wind got a hold of it and blew it away, I mean a long ways away. Micah was heartbroken and sobbed for a long time. Lunch was finally eaten and then this is what the kids and I did for a few minutes before everyone was tucked in for nice long, well deserved nap!
The afternoon and evening have been great as we had ice cream with my parents and now Nick is watching Game 4 of the World Series at my parent's house. Unfortunately the terrible wind has also turned our new installed, DTV antenna on our roof and we have close to no TV reception - just what we wanted to deal with. Having no TV isn't such a bad thing - at least I found the time to get these posts done! :)

1 comment:

Carey said...

Sounds like one of those days! I think Brandy and I are going to have to give up sound and pt after the kids come home...at least for a time. That 2 parent thing is a necessity sometimes during church! Love the couch picture!