Monday, October 13, 2008

Busy Days

Thought I better do quick post while I have the house to myself. It is baseball postseason and so my hubby has taken the kids and gone to his parent's where they have Dish TV and can watch the Red Soxs play the Rays. I had to work late today and the game started early so he took the kids. It is nice to have a few minutes of alone time, but it is difficult to know whether or not I should be productive and get something done or put my feet up and relax.

Last week's craziness seems to have drifted into this week. Thursday night we had to go bridesmaid dress shopping again as the first dresses that we had picked out were not longer available. I worked extra on Friday afternoon because I found out that I have to do staff training on this week Wednesday. Friday and Saturday nights were spent at my in-laws (watching baseball), Saturday morning and afternoon found me in Des Moines helping my sister get stuff for her wedding (it is amazing the things you need to remember for a wedding!) and Sunday morning was really early as I had to sing on praise team (be at church at 7:45am!). Today was crazy as our sitter needed the day off so Nick and I split the day each watching the kids for 1/2 the day, tomorrow finds me leaving early and coming home late because of a conference I have to attend. Wednesday I have to do staff training at work at 8am & 3:45pm (I normally do not work on Wednesday) and Thursday I would like to go with Micah's class to a local pumpkin farm. All of that is on top of just the normal day to day activities! Crazy!

I know everyone's life is busy, but why does everyone else seem to have it all pulled together! They probably don't, but it sure looks like it to me! :)

Oh Micah is feeling much better and Becca is somewhat better except for the fact that her nose is running all the time! I really, really dislike snotty noses, dry slime on the face and pretty much everything else that has to do with a two-year-old's super runny nose. However I dearly love the two-year-old so I will keep the Kleenex handy and keep on wiping!

1 comment:

Carey said...

The fact that others look like they have it all together is a farce! We all have our days/weeks/months where everything seems crazy. Hang in there! I was just saying to DH a couple nights ago that when I was in college I thought I'd "have it all together" by the time I was in my 30s. HA!!