Thursday, January 8, 2009

Special Moments

Thursday nights usually find my tucking the kids in bed early so that I can watch Grey's Anatomy & ER. Tonight about 2/3 of the way through Grey's Anatomy Becca started fussing. I really don't like to have the kids with me when I am watching these shows because they really are not kid friendly - at all.

So I go to check Becca and she is sitting in the middle of her bed, clinging to her blanket and puppy, crying. So I have to pick her up. I decide that the best option is for us to lay on the couch, her facing me away from the TV.

Then.... she snuggled with me. Not a huge deal, but for our Becca it is a huge deal - she doesn't peacefully snuggle very often. She lay by me completely relaxed, I ran my fingers through her hair and she just snuggled.

I finally looked her and said "I love you." "Yeah" was the reply I received. I rubbed noses with her and got one of the cute, quiet little 'I love you' giggles.

We snuggled a little bit longer then I stood up and carried her back to bed. I told her to sleep tight and that I loved her. She looked back, smiled and said "okay."

When days seem long and depressing a good snuggle with your babies goes a long ways.

1 comment:

Carey said...

That's so awesome. What blessings are found in the sometimes interruptions. That was "your time" but God blessed you through the interruption. Way cool. I love those little baby snuggles.