Wednesday, January 28, 2009

25 Things

If you are a facebooker then you will know what I am talking about. If not let me explain. Right now there is a "note" being passed around on facebook asking you to write 25 things about yourself and then "send" it to some of your facebook friends.

I just finished my 25 things. (If you want to read them check out my facebook page or let me know.) When I started I was having difficulty coming up with things to write that were not obvious to everyone, but as I went along the ideas started coming and I could have written more than 25.

It really got me to thinking though. How well do we really know each other? There are things on my list that a lot of people probably know, but there are a lot of things that they probably don't have any idea about. It is amazing to me how we can work, be friends with and sometimes even live with people who don't know some very important parts of our lives.

What to do about it? I don't know. I for one wish I could be more vunerable with those around me and not worry so much as to what they might think of me. I also wish that those around me would really let me see what their lives are like or what has brought them to this part of the life. I wish that we could really know each other and not see each other only through the masks that we wear or what we post on our 25 things list.

What do you want to know about me? Do I really know you?

No comments: