Friday, January 23, 2009

On the Bike!

It was a gloriously warm day outside here yesterday. So warm in fact that I had to shed my coat when I was outside working on our driveway - I was sweating! It was so wonderful because I could take the kids outside and not really have to worry about them getting to cold. (Actually I did have to send Becca inside early because she took a "shower" under our leaky gutters and got all wet.)

The big news was that Micah finally got on and rode his new bike! At his birthday in August my parents got him a John Deere bike (my apologies to those who are not fans). Right after he got it he was on it a few times, but never really got the hang of it. Then he must have had a scary moment on the bike (we really don't know what happened), but then he became scared of riding or even sitting on his bike. Earlier this week we came home and Micah ran over to his bike to see if he was "ready for it" and apparently he determined he was! He rode round and round and round on our driveway and after I helped him down the hill he rode down the street to see grandma. He was so proud & so was I! Watch out world we are moving up! From tricycle to bicycle!

On a separate note Nick is still exhausted and now I am coming down with a cold. Hopefully the kids stay healthy.....

No comments: