Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Potty Training (Round 3)

I can hardly believe that I am posting about potty training already!  Olivia is barely 2 and she is, as I tell everyone, potty training herself.

After training 2 kids I was fully ready for child number 3 to be in diapers until she was 3 years old.  I was so anxious to get the other two trained and I started way to early with both of them.  I think that we were potty training for nearly a year with both of them. Way to stressful for this momma.  So, I had decided that I wasn't even going to push the issue for at least 6 months and I was fine with that.

Then came "I go peepee." out of my littlest's mouth. 

Really?

So I put her on the potty and wouldn't you know - she went!  I absolutely couldn't believe it!  And then she went again and again!  She doesn't stay dry 100% of the time, but she does use the potty several times a day and every time that she does I just think that I saved myself another diaper. :)

Maybe the bribe of an M&M is working with number 3!

As she is using the potty I think back to when Rebecca was potty training and this adorable photo that I got of her.

And, in fact, I just recently snapped this shot of Olivia.

Rebecca seems to extend a little more assistance to "her" baby than Olivia, but it does make me laugh that they both did the same thing.

No comments: