Monday, February 18, 2013

First Hair Cut

Olivia's hair is curly and I LOVE it.  I have always wanted curly hair and since I didn't have any I had hoped that my daughters would have it.  Well, Rebecca ended up with hair like mine (which is beautiful, btw), but Olivia ended up with soft curls. YAY!  However, Olivia's hair was starting to get nasty on the ends.  It had not been cut and I could tell that the ends were still that soft baby hair that she was born with.  While it was darling when she was born, it was becoming all messy and hard to brush.  So... we took a trip over to Grandma's house for a hair cut.

My mom is a beautician who lives right across the street. (Can you say super convenient?) One afternoon after nap time I scooped up Olivia and over to Grandma's house we went.  Surprisingly she sat very still (I think that she was still 1/2 asleep) and did a wonderful job.  Grandma only took the very ends off, but it feels and looks so much nicer and fresher!  Hopefully it will be a little while until the next haircut - I want to enjoy those curls some more!

 A little uncertain as Grandma gets started....
Finally a smile!

No comments: