Monday, February 18, 2013

A little piece of our history

Last weekend we sold the vehicle that I purchased when I was a freshman in college.  It must have been over Easter break when my parents, sister and I drove to a local dealership and I purchased a black 1994 Chevy Cavalier with 74,857 miles.  Nick and I sold it this weekend.  It had 211,207 miles on it and a lot more rust. :)  Can't hardly believe that we drove it for that many miles.

5 years ago when we moved back "home" we told ourselves that we would just drive the car until it couldn't be driven any more.  There have been a few times when we thought that it was done, but then my dad would come through for us with a repair and it continued on chugging down the road. (Thanks, Dad!)  It finally reached the point where it needed a repair that we were unwilling to pay for.  We posted it on Craigslist and just like that we had a buyer and it was gone.  (Truthfully it is a relief to have it gone this quickly!)

For now we are driving my parent's spare vehicle while Nick searches for a "new" car that meets our criteria.  It is a little usual these days....We used to be able to hear the Cavalier coming from blocks away, now we have to wait until we hear the garage door before knowing when Nick is coming home. :)

(I took the above photo as the new owner was driving off our driveway in the Cavalier.)

No comments: