Sunday, January 10, 2010

Long snow days

Man, oh man, oh man and I glad that it is supposed to be warmer this week! We have been stuck in a very cold spell with more snow which means no school and some very long days in the house. (Especially for this mommy!) Christmas break was just over, Micah went to school for 1 day and then had 2 more snow days. Crazy. Wednesday-Friday of last week were so out of the normal that I don't even know what happen on each day any more. I have some photos from the days, but I really can't remember which days they were from!

Micah really needs to get back into the routine again. He has always been my routine loving child and it so begins to show after weeks like this. Tomorrow morning starts his 4-day weeks for kindergarten! Becca usually goes with the flow, but she is even starting to hang on Nick and more than normal and just needs to get out and about more.

I really don't mind the time at home, but with it being so cold (I mean were talking 4 or 5 degrees for a high) I really can't let the kids outside to play. Even 30 mins outside can make a world of difference.

So here's to hoping that our snow days (and super cold weather) are done for the winter and that we can just all get back into the swing of things. (I am not holding my breath on this one!)

Playing nicely with Micah's bend-a-roos that he got for Christmas. Lasted for a few minutes and then the arguing began....



Friday morning I had a eye doctor appointment and I was determined to keep it! (Needed to get out!) So we had lunch with Grandma and Auntie Trish at Breadeaux! As you can tell, the kids love it and it was nice to spend some time with Grandma and Auntie!


One of the mornings. Just soaking up some Curious George. The one thing that know will guarantee some peace and quite.

I know that I have posted a similar picture before, but I still can't get over how tiny these things are! Becca had an ENT appointment before the storm on Wednesday (drove home in some not to nice weather...) and her ear were fine, but the tubes were laying in her ear canal. The ENT removed them and I asked if I could keep them. Expensive little suckers!

There was one morning (it must have been Thursday) when I notice that it was like 15 degrees and so I decided that we would bundle up and head out for a few minutes. The kids so love the snow, but it was so cold!

and bright! :)

Micah was having the time of his life, but I noticed that his cheeks were starting to turn white (what do you expect when he digs right into the snow head first!) and so I had to force everyone back into the house. (Not without a few tears and fits though.) The few minutes of fresh air was worth it though.


This is probably my least favorite part of playing in the snow. The pile of wet clothes and the puddle of melting snow. And there were only 3 of us! Oh well, like I said that fresh air was worth it.
Hope that you were able to enjoy your snow days as well! I know that there were a lot of you who were in the same situation as we were!

1 comment:

Carey said...

LOVED the sunshine and warmer temps today! Hope your kids got a chance to get out and burn off some energy. Ah...and going to school is always good too. =)