Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Snow Day #1

Tuesday morning when we woke up we figured that the day would be as usual as school was still on and the roads were only slighty covered. However within 20 mins it turned it a snow day for the kids and I! School was cancelled and I decided that I would just stay home with the kiddos versus trying to get to work for only a couple of hours.

Snow days are kind of like the gift of time at home and right now that is a gift I will gratefully accept! The kids and I had a lot of fun, but I got a lot of stuff done that otherwise would have remained undone.

We went out for awhile in the morning because the temps were supposed to drop making it to cold for the kids to go out and play. Becca seems to have developed a love for the snow and just laughs and giggles the whole time we are outside!

Snow Angels!
Trying to dig tunnels in the "small" drifts.
Naptime in Mom and Dad's bed because I washed the sheets on the kid's bunk beds. (My exercise routine for the day!)
My cleaning buddy! (We also made a mean coffee cake last night that we enjoyed for breakfast this morning! It was delicious!)

Daddy using Grandpa and Grandma's snow blower to clear the driveway (Yes it is still snowing, but it was supposed to snow and blow a lot during the night and we wanted to get the first layer off.) Micah is trailing him. You can't see it, but he is dancing and jumping the whole time!

Stay tuned as the whole family is home today for Snow Day #2!

No comments: