Monday, December 7, 2009

Ebates

I typically don't do posts like this, but since most people I know are trying to save a few bucks this year I thought that I would pass this info on to everyone.

A few months ago one of the blogs that I follow recommended at site called Ebates. It is a cash back site for on-line purchases. This is how it works.

Say you want to shop on-line at Old Navy (or Kohls or Borders or Cabelas or 100s of other stores). You go to the Ebates web page, create a log-on and password, find the store, click on it and it open a tracking ticket that takes you to your desired site. Because of the tracking ticket it remembers how much you purchased and then based on your stores percent of cash back that amount of cash is returned to you! For Example: For the month of December, Old Navy has 10% cash back. I purchased a few items on cyber Monday for $26 and will receive $2.60 back through Ebates!

I was skeptical at first I admit and I have been waiting to share any info with anyone until I actually received some cash back. Well, last week I finally received my first check for $10.12 - Yippee! Now that I know it actually works I will share with you.

When you sign up you receive either a $3 or $5 sign on bonus, but you do not receive it until you have made cash back purchases that match your bonus. (My $10.12 check was $5 of sign on bonus and $5.12 of cash back.) My first purchase was made clear back in April and I just got my 1st check last week. Not speedy or a huge money maker, but in my mind every little bit helps!

If you want to check it out futherclick here. If you have any questions let me know. I am no expert, but would be happy to help you try to figure out a way to say a few bucks!

No comments: