Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Christmas Program Weekend

WOW! It was Christmas program weekend at our house last weekend. There is nothing like a weekend full of children singing about the birth of our Savior to put you in the Christmas mood!!!

Friday night was Micah's school program. I think that everyone was a little worried because there were 3 cancelled days of classes earlier in the week. Despite the lack of practice the children all did a wonderful job! It was so good to see Micah, his classmates and schoolmates all working together to worship our heavenly Father!


Becca wasn't so impressed with the band and the chimes. (I loved the chimes! It reminded me of my bell playing days!) She was rather content to travel from one lap to the other (she had 12 to choose from) and visit all the family members in attendance.

You can see Micah in the front row second from the right. Most of Micah's class is in the front row of this picture with him. It was really hard to get good pictures. This is the best one! Thanks Aunt Tricia!

Saturday morning brought 2 1/2 hours of Church Christmas Program practice. I decided that I would try to get a few photos during practice because I didn't know where I would end up the night of the program. It was a good thing that I did because we ended up sitting quite a little ways back. Once again it was hard to get photos, but you can at least get a little bit of an idea.

The shepherds and the angels. How cute are they! Micah is in the front row 3rd from the right.

Here is Becca (front, right) with her sheep ears on. Not sure what she is doing. Probably goofing off! :)
Sunday night brought the Church Christmas Program! Our camera doesn't take picture very well in darker conditions so I didn't get any photos during the program, but I did be sure to get photos before they started!

Our little sheep, who watched the manger where Jesus lay, the night of the program!


Our handsome shepherd getting ready for the program.

All in all the kids had a great time singing and praising God. They are still singing their program songs and it add to the Christmas festivities at our house! I must also say a public thanks to the teachers and directors who put these programs together. Both programs were absolutely wonderful and they truely reminded all in attendance of the true Christmas Story.

No comments: