Saturday, June 6, 2009

What? Camping?

Yes.... Our family is undertaking a few camping trips this summer. It could be interesting since I haven't camped since I was in high school and Nick has really never camped. To make things even more interesting we are using my parent's pop-up camper that was purchase around 1986.

The camper had been parked behind my parent's shed for the last 5+ years and has not even been opened during that time. On Thursday night we pulled, and I mean, pulled the camper out of its ruts in my parent's back yard over to our house to open it up and clean it out.

I was expecting the worse - mice, bugs, spiders, dust, dirt, etc..... and I was surprised when it wasn't that bad - no mice, a few dead bugs and not nearly as much dust and dirt I was expecting. It does need a few exterior repairs as the lawnmower had a few run-ins with it, however, it is nothing that takes away from the "comfort" that a pop-up camper can offer. :)

The kids are all excited and were quite sure that we were going to "camp" on our front yard on Thursday night. However we are not camping until July. This I think is a good way to build some excitement for them though!



The camper's temporary resting place while it get a good airing out and cleaning!

"Exploring" the camper for the first time. It is amazing how "big" a pop-up camper can seem to a 2 & 4 year old.

Becca testing out the comfort of the benches!

1 comment:

Charissa Talsma said...

Oh..the pictures bring back the memories! I hope your family has as many good times and adventures as we all did with it!