Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Bargarin Shopper Frustration

So I am always on the hunt for a good deal. A few months ago I was informed that Wal-Mart will match any advertised price of their competitors. Didn't think much about it because our local Wal-Mart doesn't have much competition in town. Then I was informed that they would match Target and K-Mart ads because they are in a town 20-30 mins away. Yippee!!

Today I also discovered that they will match Wal-Green ads as well. So, I go into Wal-Mart today armed with all three ads and a wad of coupons. There were some great buy 1 get 1 free or at 50% off ads in the competitors flyers! Much to my frustration Wal-Mart will not match those prices. I was told that they have to have a price attached to them, like buy one suncreen for 6.50, not buy one sunscreen get one for 50% off. Frustrating!!! Just when I thought I had found another way to save a few bucks.

Think that I might just have to make a experimental trip to a Wal-Greens and see what they can offer.... With my add in hand, of course. :)

1 comment:

Carey said...

Just a thought. I haven't done it before, but have read that you can go online and see if you can find Wal-Mart's official policies on such. Then print them and taken them in. Then stand in line and drive everyone nuts until they do what they are supposed to (if in fact, that's what you found out.)

Happy bargain hunting!! =)