Monday, March 16, 2009

Wedding Success

The past two days have found me reflecting over the previous three days (Thursday, Friday & Saturday) and all I can do is sigh and smile. They days were a complete success topped with two people that we love dearly committing their lives to each other.

I have had several conversations with my mother over since the wedding on Saturday night and we cannot think of one thing that we wish would have gone differently. Probably the biggest difficulty we had was getting the white carpet runner to go down the middle of the stage and aisle on Thursday evening! :)

Nick and I were so proud of our children. We really didn't know what to expect and we had back-up plans in place in case they decided that the ceremony was not to their liking. We were surprised when both of our children remained on stage for the entire ceremony - Micah in his chair and Becca in her chair and standing beside me. They were beautiful and behaved beyond our expectations.

My sister was absolutely ravishing and my brother-in-law handsome. We had some concerns about my sister (when she gets worked up or anxious she can started to get a little nauseous and light-headed.) The last thing we wanted was for her to pass out or feel sick. However our prayers were answered and she felt better than any of us could have imagined.

The love between them was evident and it poured into every little part of the day. I wish that I had pictures that I could post. It seems as though I was to busy worrying about everyone else (my kids, my husband, my sister, etc) and helping where I could that I forgot to take pictures. Our professional photographer has already posted pictures on his website, but I really don't want to post that information here. Hopefully it won't take to long for me to get my hands on some pictures.

The love couple is now gone for the week and we have been told that we will hear from them in a week. :) Those of us left behind are knee deep in Snicker/Apple salad and are trying our best to catch up on sleep. However, there is not a single moment that we would trade. Congratulations, Brian & Melinda. We love you!

No comments: