Monday, December 22, 2008

Tiring & Trying

I have found the last couple of weeks to be tiring and trying. I am trying to determine why, but have really no answers. The only thing that I can think of is a combination of many things. What has been going on around here?
  1. Christmas preparations - Like many years we have several family things to go to and Christmas gifts to purchase. For me that means time spent gathering gifts and wrapping them. There is also the food to purchase and prepare in advance of the gatherings. Then there is the getting everyone ready to see the relatives that we only see once or twice a year (ie making sure that the appropriate clothes are clean and not in the laundry).

  2. Health - For the most part we have been healthy. Becca's surgery and subsequent sinus infection have been a big part of this. (She is finally feeling better, but is now starting to get a little ornery on us.) Nick has also had a cold and I thought that I was coming down with a stomach virus.

  3. Weather - It has been so cold and so snowy and icy that I am not sure how we are going to make it through winter again. Schools have had late starts, early outs and been cancelled all together. Micah doesn't understand that more school means less school and gets upset when he can't get to preschool. (Not sure how we are going to survive Christmas break...)

  4. Energy - The kids have so much energy and no where to release it! There are times that Micah is literally bouncing off of the walls and I can hardly blame him! There are times when I am ready to bounce off the walls. Becca seems to think that her brother is either a punching bag or jungle gym. That doesn't go over so well and then the screaming begins.

I know that these don't seem like major issues, but they have all messed with our schedule (or rather my schedule) and that upsets the whole balance. I am hoping that I can adjust and sleep enough that I don't let it dampen the true meaning of Christmas.

1 comment:

Carey said...

Hang in there! Sometimes there's big boulders in the path of life, and sometimes there's so many little rocks that it's hard to walk and they trip you up. Praying for a Christmas full of peace and joy!