Sunday, September 21, 2008

Love Birds

I mentioned in an earlier post that I would post a picture of my sister Melinda and her fiance, Brian. Since they have not been dating for long we have very few pictures of them together. I finally got my hand on a few of them. Here is a lovely picture of the love birds!

It has been a long time since I have seen my sister's eyes shine they way they do now! Their story is quite interesting as they have only been dating for a very short time (8 weeks) and will be married on March 14, 2009. Sometime during the summer of 2009 they are planning on moving to Koper, Slovenia (former Yugoslovia) where they will serve as church planters for approximately 5 years.
The last two months have been exciting for us as a family as we have watched these two grow together and share their passions for following their Lord and Savior. As with most huge life changes they are in need of huge amounts of prayers as they both continue to work full-time, plan a wedding and plan to serve on the mission field. That is a lot to accomplish in 9 months! However we already can see the hand of our heavenly Father working through all of this and we look forward to seeing what He does in the coming days and weeks.
Brian and Melinda, Blessings to you both! We love you and are excited to see what the coming months hold for us all! :)

No comments: