Friday, July 10, 2009

Overwhelming

The title of this post clearly explains how life has been around here lately. Since our trip to Cedar Rapids (Yes I will post more about that sometime) life has been crazy. We came home physically exhausted from the trip. The week that we return was crazy busy and then Becca ended up getting her finger pinched which required 3 doctor's visits that ended with 2 stitches. For a week she required that we keep the finger covered otherwise it was "hurting, mommy!" She got the stitches out the same day that Nick's grandpa passed away. Not only was that 5 days of emotional draining our anticipated trip to NW Iowa had to be postponed (not that we would have had it any other way). The day after grandpa's funeral Becca started to not feel well and came down with a fever and some of the ickiest dirty pants I have seen in a long time. Finally today I believe that she is starting to feel better, but now we are trying to get ready for our first camping trip as a family. So much to think about and remember! On top of all of this events at work have made time there full of "excitement" as well. (I am actually going to have to go to work for a bit during my vacation.)

So many of the events could not be controlled and so there is really no where to place blame. There are just times in your live when you have to step up to the plate time after time after time and hope that eventfully you will get a chance to sit in the dugout for an inning or two or three....

Someone told me to take it hour by hour, but even that sometimes seems to be more than I can handle. I am having a hard time believing that I finally sat down to do this post! I am truly hoping that our week camping will not be stressful and that I will be able to put my feet up and relax! (and that once we come back home things will be a little quieter!)

1 comment:

Carmen said...

I'm sure Nick would be impressed that you are using a baseball metephor at this point! At least with camping the kids can get dirty and you just won't need to care about it till you get home...