Wednesday, February 11, 2009

What a day!

I will be the first to admit that most days have a good share of redirecting and discipline (in other words screaming, crying, timeouts and correction of bad behaviors.) There are several days where I wonder what the flies on our walls think about our family. Is it a family of full of love? My hope is that the happy moments out weigh the crying and screaming and discipline.

However today was not one of those days.

Wednesdays can be long days as the kids, my mom, my grandma and I all head to town in the morning to do our Wal-Mart and grocery store runs and then we share lunch together. I was really worried as my mom is gone and so it was going to be just grandma and I. When we are in town the kids tend to think that they can only be with me only complicating the quick run to town. (Micah has to be at preschool at 12:15.)

The day started out with the kids eating their breakfast with little fuss and Micah getting dressed the first time I asked him to. Becca made a good effort at getting herself dressed and they both were polite in asking for help. We got out the door with no problems and met grandma right on time. Becca willingly went with grandma and I only had to ask Micah to behave like 4 times in Wal-Mart. The grocery store was more of the same. Micah actually walked nicely instead of insisting on one of the huge car carts. Lunch was wonderful as all the food was eaten and not spilled and everyone got back in the van with no fussing. We got Micah to preschool at exactly the right time and Becca got herself all ready for her nap and then took a good nap. We picked up Micah from preschool (At which point he has the worst bloody nose of his life, but he handled it very well and Becca quietly wandered his classroom. They did complain about what we watched during snack time or what was for snack. They shut the TV off willingly and colored and played nicely until supper. Trimmed fingernails and toenails with no complaints. Becca & I showered and Micah took his first solo shower. (He was so proud!) There was a little bit of fussing during bedtime, but hey, the whole day couldn't be perfect! HaHa!

To top the whole day off Becca went potty 5 times!!!!! (More so because I remembered to take her! :))

I know that tomorrow will be back to the norm, but I am going to enjoy today for at least a few more hours.

1 comment:

Carey said...

Ahhh....glad you enjoyed your day!