Monday, January 21, 2013

Child Training Bible

Several months ago I was making hot lunch for the school kids and the other mom that was with me was working on some Child Training Bibles while we waited for the lunch to bake.  I was immediately interested and came home and did some research.  What I discovered was an amazing tool to help parents and children get into the Bible when dealing with daily issues.

What is a Child Training Bible (CTB)?  As described on their website the Child Training Bible is a "is tool that allows parents and children (and anyone that loves the Word of God) to go directly to the pages of Scripture for instruction in 20 key areas with a complete section dedicated to the gospel."


Our CTB looks like this....
You can see here the 20 areas that it addresses. 
 
 Each color is on each side once and corresponds with the tabs in the same location.

 Open it up and this is what it looks like.  You highlight the verse in the same color to match the tab. (All the Wrong Friendships Bible verses on highlighted in pink and marked with pink tabs on the bottom edge.)

  My kids have already been asking about it.  I think that the colorful tabs and highlighting have made them curious!  Praying that this becomes a well used tool in our house!

(Side Note: the CTB website recommends using the English Standard Version, but I opted for the New International Version as that is what my husband and I grew up with and it is the version the kids use at church and school.)

4 comments:

Van Zante family said...

I kept forgetting to ask you if you had yours done or not. I just have one more section left. We've used it a couple times already!

Theresa said...

I love this! Thanks for the reminder about the CTB.

Unknown said...

This is the second time I've seen this and said, "Oh what a great idea! I should do that!" Only this time I have now ordered all my supplies! Thanks for the reminder:)

Unknown said...

This is the second time I've seen this (maybe Jenny had sent me a link before). Anyway, THIS time I have ordered my supplies! Thank you for the reminder!!