Friday, July 16, 2010

Rain Fun

This is something I rarely let me kids do.

It was an afternoon last week and the kids had had it with their mother who can't do anything fun this summer.  I stirred up some sidewalk paint and sent them outside with some new paint brushes.  I knew that it was probably going to rain, but they needed to do something different even if it was for only 10 mins.  

It started to sprinkle and Micah got a little nervous (we have a new found fear of storms).  After explaining that it was just rain and that a little water wouldn't hurt him he went back out to continue painting.  Well, it wasn't long and the skies opened giving my kids and outdoor shower.  I just sat back and watched them splash in puddles and get soaked from head to toe. 

Yes it was pouring!

My soaked pretty princess.


I think the fear is gone.  (At least for this day!)

Nothing like a little rain to bring out a little brotherly/sisterly love!

No comments: