Saturday, October 31, 2009

A trip to a much loved place

Last weekend, we had a chance to go back to NW Iowa and visit some wonderful friends. The church that we attended when we lived there was celebrating it 125th anniversary and so that gave us a great excuse to head back and see some friends!

As always it was a great time and we were able to reconnect with a bunch of great friends. Of course I forgot to take my camera and so the only pictures that we have are the ones that Shellie took while we were hanging out on Saturday.

One of my favorite times of the weekend was when I was able to reconnect with a friend from high school. Due to distance and busy schedules we have not be able to keep in close contact over the last few years, but it was as if no time had past during our couple of hours together. We were able to visit and connect like good friends should. It was wonderful!

The bummer of the weekend was that I came down with a cold which has since turned into sinus infection and me feeling quite crummy. (You can blame my lack of posting on this illness!)

Thanks to everyone for making us feel like we still belong! :)

No comments: