Monday, January 9, 2012

Christmas 2011

I know, I know.... it is a little late, but late is better than never, right? :)

For us Christmas is only partially over.  Yes our Christmas tree is down, but the celebrations are not over.  My sister, brother-in-law and niece are scheduled to come home in early February so we have on last celebration with them once they arrive!  (We are sooooo excited to see them!)

For now, here is a brief recap of our Christmas celebrations.  Of course, I forgot to take pictures at all the gatherings. :(

My dad's family got together on the Friday before Christmas and we met at a hotel and the kids (and their parents) went swimming.  As always it was a good time.  Some of my cousins who live out of state were able to make it home so it was a good time of reconnecting with them.

Christmas Eve found us heading to a beautiful Christmas Eve service at our church with my parents.  We had  supper together and then the kids opened one gift each from Grandpa and Grandma.  My mom had made all the grand-kids PJs and my niece had already received hers so it was my kid's turn.  They were excited to try them on and then get on down to bed so that morning would come!


Christmas morning found us at home as a family.  The older two woke up Olivia and she was less than thrilled with the idea. :) I tried to get a picture of the kids in front of the tree, but it didn't work so well.  They are modeling the PJs from Grandpa & Grandma though. :)



Christmas noon found us with Nick's mom's side of the family.  The kids all received one gift from Great-Grandma and then we all played BINGO.  It was a huge success and I look forward to playing it again next year!


The older two received Pillow Pets which have been used night and day since they received them!  Who knew that a thing would be such a hit!

Christmas night was spent with Nick's parent's and sister.  It was a relaxing enjoyable time with family.  Olivia conquered her big gift and spent most of the evening banging and standing on the box.


The kids received a few smaller gifts and then they had one "big" gift from Nick's parents......

A Wii!!!!  They were thrilled and it has been put to use a lot since it was opened.  I think that we are going to have to find a way to get some more games for it very soon!

It has been a great start to our Christmas season!  Can't wait for my parent's to set their tree up and celebrate one more time! :)

No comments: