Thursday, April 23, 2009

What's been going on

Life has just been trucking on by this last week. I find it hard to believe that more than a week has past by since I last posted and yet I am not sure what I should have posted about. I will try to give you a list of some of the highlights of what has been going on.

1. First I must wish my hubby a belated birthday. His birthday was on the 19th and he was in Lincoln, NE visiting some friends. It wasn't that I forgot his birthday, I was just so wrapped up in taking care of things here that I forgot to blog about it. Nick, Happy Belated Birthday! Thank you for all that you do for me and the kids and for how you love us everyday. May the Lord bless you and us with many more birthdays!

2. Becca has taken a liking to some of her summer shoes. It has finally been warm enough that we have been able to regularly wear the crocs and even the sandals a little bit. Becca's favorites are her lip-lops. (any guesses on what that is?) :)

3. The kids have been have numerous arguments over matter of little consequence. Supper tonight contained several arguments alone. One was regarding 2 of Micah's chips and if they were circles or not. (Please help! I don't know if I can handle 16 more years of these kind of arguments!)

4. When we moved into our home I had decided that after Becca was born I was going to paint our hall coat closet. Well, 2.5 years later it still had not been painted. So I decided to see how much I could get done as the kids napped on Saturday. Surprisingly I was able to get the entire thing painted! (It really isn't that big of a closet.) Tonight I finally got everything put back in it and am really happy with the final product.

5. (May have posted about this one... been too long... can't remember.) Becca recently has been quite sick. (You won't know to look at her.) However last week Monday morning I took her to the clinic to discover that she had sinus infection, double ear infection, and either tonsilitis or strep throat. Her symtoms? A runny nose and 1 hour of being crabby on Sunday. I still think that children need to come equipped with a light that flashes when they need to go to the doctor.

6. Over the weekend I helped to rescue our neighbor's little boy who had gotten his head stuck in the slats of their patio railing. Not a big deal, but it is a little scary when you see a little one with their head stuck. Got hime out and everything is a okay! Hopefully all the kids learned to not try that one again! :)

7. I know that there is more, but that I all that I can think of right now. Hopefully I will get some pictures in the coming days as we start to plant our garden that we are sharing with my parents.

No comments: